Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Founder's Feast 2008 - Epilogue


After a great two days in Mississippi, it was time to head to the Big Easy and get back to work. The Sunday ride was non eventful and I-55 treated me well. Six hours after departing Clarksdale, I had arrived in New Orleans.

The weather was cool in the morning but just right by afternoon. I didn't get much chance to sightsee as I had to prepare for evening festivities and Monday classes. Next time!

Wednesday was already here and the 4:00 am departure resulted in no traffic and NO HEAT. Another ride in 45 degree temps. I just kept trying to think of a solution to increase the alternator output. I want electrics!!

Today was slab and semi-slab (US 19 through west Florida). I made a few stops along the way but still digested the 650 miles in a bit over 11 hours.

The week long trip is now over and the GPS tells me that I rode 2208 miles. It was an excellent week and a good mix of highway and byway and even a little dirt and gravel. The rain makers gave up after Birmingham and you'll get no complaints here.

Now its time to plan the next ride!!

No comments: