Saturday, March 7, 2009

The IBA Pizza Party and a RTE too

Friday was going to be a good day. With an early departure, I would ride to Daytona Beach for a stop at Caribbean Jack's for a RTE. This was bike week in Daytona and the crowds were expected to be fairly large.
The trip was uneventful with the exception of the 40 mile detour resulting from a overturned tractor trailer on I-4. Not a huge concern as I still arrived at 11:30am. Of course, I was the last one to arrive. At least they kept a seat for me! It had been a long time since my last meal sooooo.. while everyone else was chatting, I was eating. Ray couldn't pass up the opportunity to supply photographic evidence of my eating prowess. That's Bob Moore sitting to my right.

After lunch, we headed to Jacksonville for the IBA "Pizza Party". While the annual event has outgrown it's "Pizza" heritage, the get together is still lots of fun and done in a welcoming and very informal way. Lots of MTF riders were in attendance, including Kevin Lechner, Greg Rice, Richard Buber, Barb Smith, Gregg Burger, Pat McGhie, Dan Ross, Claye Curtis, and many more. We had quite the turnout.

The dinner was a festive event and many of those attending chose to do a IB ride to the event. All were given their certificate that evening by none other than Mr. Ironbutt himself, Michael Kneebone.

After dinner, we spent some time chatting before I headed off to my hotel for some sleep. Saturday morning's departure was 8am and the ride home, about 195 miles, was quick and uneventful. Another great event and I'm looking forward to next year's get together.

No comments: